How To Use a True Marker At-Home Lab Test
Taking a True Marker lab test at home is the ultimate convenience. You have the power to control your health care by using a test any time you want, without visiting a doctor’s office or clinical lab. True Marker offers privacy, accuracy, and speedy results. Here’s how simple it is to use one of our easy at-home lab tests.
Step 1. Your Kit Is Delivered to You.
We send your True Marker test straight to your doorstep. It comes in discreet packaging for extra privacy. Inside the kit, you’ll find everything you need to successfully collect a sample for the most accurate results, including:
- An instruction card
- Two lancets
- Two alcohol swabs
- A blood sample collection card
- Two bandages
- A specimen bag with a pre-printed shipping label
Step 2. Prepare to Take Your Test.
Read the instruction card thoroughly before you take the test so you’re familiar with the steps to take. You’ll also want to register your kit by visiting TrueMarker.com and entering the unique ID PIN number located inside your test box and on your collection card. Finally, write your name on the sample collection card.
Step 3. Collect Your Sample.
You only need to collect a few drops of blood from a light finger prick to get a sample for our test kits, unlike the greater amounts of blood drawn from your arm during a typical lab visit. Here’s how easy it is:
- Before getting started, wash your hands in warm water and dry them thoroughly. (Warm hands make it easier to collect the sample.)
- You’ll draw the sample from your middle or ring finger on your non-dominant hand. Wipe the fingertip with one of the kit’s alcohol swabs.
- Twist the top off one of the lancets and press it against the rounded part of the fingertip until it pierces the skin.
- Hold your finger over the collection card. Gently squeeze the base of the finger for steady blood flow. Put a drop of blood inside each circle on the collection card, making sure not to overlap blood drops or go outside the circles. Do not touch the card with your finger.
- After you’re finished, wipe your fingertip with the other alcohol swab and put on the supplied bandage.
- Let the blood sample collection card dry thoroughly, for about 30 minutes.
Using a True Marker blood test at home gives you important information you’ll use to make your healthcare decisions. Your blood contains biomarkers that can be measured to determine if, for instance, your cholesterol or hormone levels are in a normal range, or if there’s an abnormality that may indicate a potential health issue.
Step 4. Send Us Your Sample.
Put the dry collection card in the specimen bag and, using the shipping label on it, send it back to us. Mail us the sample as soon as possible.
Typical home testing companies send their kits to third-party labs for analysis. Not True Marker—we’re unique because we have our own in-house lab staffed by experienced medical professionals. We process everything in our Los Angeles lab, without using any third parties. This gives you the highest level of security and confidentiality.
You’re sure to receive the most accurate results—our lab is accredited by the College of American Pathologists (CAP) and certified by Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA). You can trust your results, making True Marker’s the best at-home lab tests on the market.
Step 5. See Your Results.
Our expertise and our in-house lab give us the capability to return results to you quickly. Once we receive your test, we’ll have a report ready for you within 3 days. You can view your results securely online, and download or print a PDF report to share with your doctor.
We’ll also supply treatment recommendations you may use if you wish. If you have any questions, just get in touch with us, and a medical professional on our team will help you.
True Marker’s general health tests put the power in your hands to monitor your heart health, fertility, vitamin levels, and much more. Browse our collection of at-home health testing kits and find the one that’s right for you.